3.22.2007

Penne w/ Zucchini Fennel Garlic Tomato Sauce

No pictures. In an effort to utilize my produce before it begins sprouting in my fridge, I decided to use my extremely old bulb of fennel and a zucchini that'd been hanging around a bit too long to add to my pasta. I dribbled in some jammy beaujolais nouveau into my tomato sauce to give the sauce more depth and flavor, but I think I could have added more. I like drinking fruity soft wines like b.n. as an everyday wine. I recenltly bought a $6.50 pinot noir from this wine shop near my apt, so we'll see how that pans out. I've been reading from the bible lately...the wine bible, that is. I really want to try more Italian wines and compare notes on them (chianti, lambrusco, barolo, nebbiolo). Also, interested in learning more about French wines. Had a delicious Chateuneuf-du-Pape at Pigalle when I went there for restaurant week with my Mom, Jess and Steph. C-d-P had a distinct raspberry flavor, not sweet though, and a bit herbal and acidic.

Tonight, I'm going to make egg noodles with goat cheese cream sauce, basil and walnuts.

No comments: