8.11.2010

I had good intentions...but sleep and breakfast and lunch it is.

The past 2 days I've been meaning to run or yoga and I've accomplished neither. I'm not going to feel bad about it. I've been exhausted all week and I think that I'd rather catch up on sleep and/or make myself a nice breakfast in the morning and lunch before I go to work bc sometimes those are the only meals I can manage in an entire day.

Still working my way through all the food I cooked on Sunday. Almost done with it. Here's what I've been having for a typical breakfast lately:


Egg omelet with cilantro, mint, and ricotta whipped into it, alongside roasted ratatouille veg, roasted potatoes, and roasted beets. In an effort to use up the quart container of ricotta I bought, I've been whipping ricotta with my eggs to fluff them up a bit when I'm making omelets or scrambled eggs. I really like how they've been coming out. I got the idea from my cousin's wife, Heather, who made our family delicious scrambled eggs with cream cheese and scallions whipped into them for our Christmas breakfast a couple of years ago...they tasted delicious. It's a good way to bump up the amt of egg if you're short on eggs. I only had 1 left when I made this.

Inventory of my fridge:

I've been working my way through all my fruit and dairy aka making milkshakes every morning. Now I still need to figure out what to do with a huge bag of black cherries I forgot I had, a flat of sour cherries I intended to bake with, and 4 fuzzy soft-as-a-baby's-butt apricots I bought on a whim last week at Russo's. Running low on milk and out of lowfat plain yogurt. Been using full fat maple flavored yogurt as a substitute. Out of eggs.

For lunch today I'm going to have seared sirloin steak with my sauteed corn and tomato salsa. I've been eating pretty vegetarian for the past 6 months, and really crave some good old fashioned protein in the form of beef.

I still have another round of ratatouille veg, beets, and potatoes left for me to roast. For leafy green veg and herbs, I have: baby bok choy, kong-xing tsai, mint, cilantro.

Should I be ambitious and try to make a sour cherry pie or tart on my day off? I've read so much about sour cherries but have yet to bake with them yet. When I saw them at Russo's last week, I couldn't resist. Stay tuned.

No comments: