3.01.2011

Burger Battle @ KO Prime

With very little space, a minimum of equipment and an extremely well prepared, stream-lined operation, Sel de la Terre placed effortlessly at 2nd place last night at the Burger Battle at KO Prime. Other restaurants had fois gras, fancy buns, fried oysters, wagyu beef, aged beef and all kinds of fancy set-ups. We had fresh baked slider buns, 300 sliders of fresh ground beef with nothing but fresh picked thyme whipped into them, spicy aioli with house cured pancetta bits, and cheddar. That's it and that's all folks.

I'm reblogging these images (and text) from someone else's blog..check it out:

(PS, I made that secret sauce!)

(I made like 6 huge containers of it and only needed 2 -.-...and hogged the robot coupe the entire time...3 cooks from L'espalier came up to me several times asking me when I'd be done, and I bitchily said I'd be done when I was done. Big thanks to my boss for not telling me that I didn't need to make gallons and gallons of it haha)


SDLT, please share with me the ingredients to the secret sauce!

No comments: